FIRST-TIME MANAGER SKILLS
Introduction to First-Time Manager Skills
Congratulations, you’ve been doing your role so well that you’ve been rewarded with another role – management!
If you’re about to become a new manager you’ll want to hit the ground running and fortunately, there is a lot you can do to get off to a good start. However, I’ve seen too many new managers fail. They’re done their best and worked really hard but failed to deliver results because they don’t have the people skills. This is a real shame and, no real surprise. The CMI say that 71% of UK organisations admit they fail to effectively train first-time managers. So get trained-up because with with the right strategies and skills your move into your new managerial role will be much less stressful and much more successful!
Is This Course for Me?
Whether you’re a new recruit on a management ‘fast track’ or making the transition from technical expert or simply taking the next step up the ladder, this course is for you and will help you succeed in your new role.
Course Contents Include
- Understanding your role
- Building good relationships
- Identifying and communicating goals
- Being a good role model
- Providing feedback
- Delegating and motivating
- You’ll understand your new role’s responsibilities, goals and objectives.
- You’ll be able to set effective goals for your team
- You’ll be able to motivate others and gain their respect
- You’ll make the transition from ‘team member’ to ‘team leader’ without feeling overwhelmed.
What Happens On The Day?
- Your one day course will commence at 9.30am and close at 4.30pm.
- Coffee will be served from 9.00am
- You’ll receive all the learning materials you need
- You’ll receive a Post Training Action Plan to record personal action-oriented notes to help you apply your learning in the real world.
The world hates changes, yet it is the only thing that has brought progress.
Charles Kettering (1876–1958) US automobile engineer.
He developed the electric starter in 1912 and went on to discover tetraethyl lead as an antiknock agent and to define the octane rating of fuels.
If you would like more information about our courses then book a meeting with one of our professional consultants. All you need to do is fill out the contact form on the left and one of our team will be in touch with you shortly. The more information you can provide the better we will be able to assist you with your query.
Influencing and Persuasion Skills
Conflict Management Skills
(c) 2021 Upskill Group. All rights reserved
Designed by Zendo Marketing